電影訊息
忘了我是誰--The Majestic

电影人生/忘了我是谁/忘我奇缘

6.9 / 48,642人    152分鐘

導演: 法蘭克戴瑞邦
編劇: Michael Sloane (Ⅰ)
演員: 金凱瑞 馬丁蘭道 蘿莉荷登 Allen Garfield Amanda Detmer
電影評論更多影評

坐等1900

2010-03-30 07:11:27

We don't deserve the world.


這只是一個故事,然而,不僅僅是美國的故事。如果易地而處,那些為了這個國度犧牲全部、無怨無悔的年輕生命,他們,是否也會告訴我們,今天我們所代表的國度並非他們所捍衛的那個,自私、殘酷、絕情,他們的國度遠比我們想像中更Fair、更Free,我們無權改變初衷,否則,犧牲的意義何在,We don't deserve the world they gave us.


Gosh, I don't quite know what to say.

天哪,我不知如何啟齒

Fact is, I...

事實上,我…

I've never been a man of great conviction.

我向來信念不堅定

I never saw the percentage in it.

我看不出有什麼勝算

And quite frankly...

坦白說

...I suppose...I lacked the courage.

我應該是…缺乏勇氣

See, I'm not like Luke Trimble.

我和路克春柏不一樣

He had the market cornered on those things.

他的勇氣過人

I never met the guy, but I feel like I've gotten to know him.

我沒見過他本人,但我好像愈來愈了解他

The thing is, I can't help wondering what he'd say if he were standing here right now.

我禁不住想起若我們易地而處,換作是他會怎麼說

I think he'd probably tell you...

他可能會告訴各位…

...the America represented in this room is not the America he died defending.

在座所代表的美國並非他犧牲生命所捍衛的美國

I think he'd say your America is bitter and cruel and small.

他會說你們的美國充滿憎恨,殘酷而狹隘

I know his America was big. Bigger than you can imagine!

我知道他的美國包容四海,比你們想像中更寬容

With a wide-open heart! Where every person has a voice!

更心胸開闊,每個人都有發言權

Even if you don't like what they say...

就算你們無法廣納善言

If he were here, I wonder how you'd respond...

換作是他,不知你們會作何反應

...if you could explain to him what happened to his America.

向他解釋他的美國怎麼了

You are skating on the edge of contempt!

艾波頓先生,你在藐視委員會

That's the first thing I've heard today that I agree with!

這是我今天贊同的第一句話

The 5th Amendment is off the table.

我不會訴諸於第五修正案

But there is another Amendment I'd like to invoke.

但我要提出另一項修正案

I wonder if anyone here is familiar with it.

不知道在座有沒有人聽過

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion."

國會不應制訂與宗教組織相關的法令

"Shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting free exercise there of, or abridging freedom of speech, or of the press, or of the right to petition for a redress of grievances."

國會不得制訂與宗教組織相關的法令,也不得禁止宗教自由,更不得限制言論或新聞自由,

或限制人民和平集會向政府陳情訴願的權利。

The First Amendment. It's what we're about, if we'd live up to it.

第一修正案,這是立國基本原則,務必恪守。

It's part of the contract every citizen has here.

這是所有公民與國家約定的重點

Even though the Constitution and the Bill of Rights are just pieces of paper with signatures on them they're the only contracts we have that are definitely not subject to renegotiation.

這些合約、憲法和人權法案即便都只是簽了名的紙,卻仍是我們僅有的合約,絕不容改變。

Not by you, Mr. Chairman.

你無權改變,主席先生

Not by anyone, ever.

任誰都無權改變

Too many people have paid in blood.

太多人為了捍衛這份合約而犧牲

People like Luke Trimble and all the sons of Lawson, California.

比如路克春柏,還有加州羅森的所有子弟

And they deserve better than this.

他們理應獲得尊重

All you boys do.

所有人。

When you get right down to it, fell as that's all I have to say to you.

今天,我有權站在這裡,言盡於此。
評論