電影訊息
電影評論更多影評

JoyChen38

2011-08-03 02:34:17

《死亡詩社》


 We don't read and write poetry
  because it's cute.
  我們讀詩寫詩,非為它的靈巧
  
  We read and write poetry because
  we are members of the human race...
  我們讀詩寫詩
  因為我們是人類的一員
  
  and the human race
  is filled with passion.
  而人類充滿了熱情
  
  And medicine, law, business,
  engineering...
  醫藥,法律,商業,工程
  
  these are noble pursuits
  and necessary to sustain life.
  這些都是高貴的理想
  並且是維生的必需條件
  
  But poetry, beauty...
  romance, love...
  但是詩,美,浪漫,愛
  
  these are what we stay alive for.
  這些才是我們生存的原因
  
  To quote from Whitman...
  引用惠特曼的詩
  
  「O me, O life of the questions
  of these recurring...
  「啊!我!」
  「這個問題不斷重演的生命」
  
  of the endless trains
  of the faithless...
  「在戴運無信者的綿延車廂中」
  
  of cities filled with the foolish.
  「在充滿愚人的城市之中」
  
  What good amid these
  「身處其中的意義為何?」
  
  O me, O life?」
  「啊!我!啊!生命!」
  
  
  =======================================
  
  
  I went to the woods
  我步入叢林
  
  because I wanted to live deliberately,
  因為我希望生活有意義
  
  I wanted to live deep
  我希望活得深刻
  
  and suck out all the marrow of life,
  吸取生命中的所有精華
  把非生命的一切都擊潰
  
  and not when I had come to die,
  以免當我生命終結
  
  discover that I had not lived.
  卻發現自己從未活過
    
評論